The mysteries of the land of “mysticism” will finally be released! Ooty is a land that is known for its magnificent and serene woods. There has always been an influx of tourists who know that the things to do in Ooty are endless in this enchanted region. This has been made easier by these attractive tourists’ packages that are suitable for the pocket and include a visit to all the hotspots and major attractions of the region.
Some of the major sight-seeing places to visit in Ooty are:
1. The Nilgiri Mountain railway is renowned as a world heritage site. The wonderfully artistic journey starts from Mettupalayam and culminates in Ooty. It is a dream ride for five hours that goes through many tunnels, hills, curves and bridges. And to top it off, the journey is done in a fairy-like toy train. Every tour of Ooty starts from here!
2. The Ooty Tour is a miss if one does not visit the Botanical Garden. The Garden is a gigantic park spread over 21 hectares and demands a visit by anyone who visits the city. The gardens many attractions include a 20 million year tree, and the Toda tribe which is situated on the northern periphery of the park. This park is a delight for all the horticulturists and nature lovers alike.
3. To fall in love with the places on offer by Ooty tourism, one does not need to look further than the Pykara Waterfalls. It is among the most beautiful picnic places in the state. Along with the waterfall, there is a lake where tourists can enjoy the speed boat rides. There is plenty in store for the budding photographers as well. Surrounded with pine cone trees, this place has emerged as a major honeymoon destination as well.
4. To get a complete experience of nature’s serenity, one must embark on a trip to Dolphin’s nose, which is a mere distance of 10 km from Conoor, and 19 km from Ooty. It is a peak which resembles a dolphin’s nose. The unique formation of the entire rock has earned this peak its name. Not only is there the peak, the several hair pin bends and the tea gardens along the way make the route more fun filled for the tourists that throng there the year around. The cherry on the cake is the Catherine Falls with its ravishing and perennial stream that flows the year around. This is located below the peak and offers aplenty options for photographs.
5. Next in the list of tourist places in Ooty is for all the flower and rose lovers of the country, this is a must visit place in Ooty. The Government Rose Garden in Ooty is the country’s largest and prettiest rose garden. It was made in 1995 and has been a major attraction for locals and tourists alike ever since. The roses are spread over a huge area of four hectares and over five curved terraces on the slopes of the Elk Hill. It has a collection of over twenty thousand roses with over 2,800 cultivators. There are various varieties of roses, including the unusual color of black and green and the species Yakimour, Polyanthas, Papagena, Floribunda as well as one species named Jayalalitha, after the chief minister of Tamil Nadu!
Vedanta Wake Up! is a chain of budget hotels whose top priority is customer’s satisfaction. It duly combines the best of both worlds. They also have pocket friendly travel packages which woo the tourists from all over the country, which is further bolstered by the fact that every single customer has something pleasant to say about their stay. These packages are made keeping in mind the various groups and days the tourists will spend in the area such as the ‘Full Day Ooty & Coonoor City Tour’, ‘Half Day Ooty City Tour’, ‘Half Day Trip to Coonoor and ‘Mudumalai Trekking’ among many other options. Their other properties are located in Pondicherry, Kanyakumari, and Madurai among others in the state of Tamil Nadu, Allepey, Varkala, and Trivandrum and in other areas of Kerala and many more in South India.