Showering of gifts, indulging in delightful cuisines, and drinking wines, Christmas is the time that calls for immense celebrations. It brings the whole community, not just the Christians to come together and celebrate the festivities with much excitement. The festivities begin with midnight masses that continue till morning. Along with this, eating plum cake is one of the main traditions in Christmas. On the eve of the Christmas, families tend to decorate Christmas trees with bells, stars, snow and various other decorative materials. The season of Christmas is the time of joy and families unite together to celebrate. Certainly, Tamil Nadu is one such place in Southern Continent that welcomes the tourists with much fervor. Some of the most exotic places in Tamil Nadu are:
- Ooty:It seems that heaven has descended from the skies to earth at Ooty, which is well decorated with lush green mountains, quaint lakes, exotic grasslands, and magical beauty spreading all around. In fact, nature has bestowed its blessings on Ooty with tremendous amount of natural beauty that has the power to attract anyone in the world. The Botanical Garden, Ooty Lake and Pykara Lake are worth visiting; besides, admiring the emerald green hills. Also, enjoying a climb to Dodabetta Peak with unravel the views of enchanting Nilgiri Hills.
- Pondicherry:Standing to be the Union Territory on the Eastern Coast of Tamil Nadu, it exhibits the effect of French to the utmost because of a separate French Colony existing within the boundaries. With churches exceptionally built in Gothic and Renaissance architecture, they are decorated nicely over the Christmas. Everything seems so beautiful and picturesque that the travelers cannot get their eyes off from the adornments. Apart from this, budget hotels in Pondicherry are the most excellent options to enjoy a relaxing vacation at the time of Christmas. Every street seems to dazzle with lights and other decorative material and one can get excellent view of the authentic French Culture.
- Yama Dharmaraja Temple:Yaman or Yama is said to be the Hindu God of Death and is responsible to take the lives of those, whose living days on earth are over. Planning to go all religious on the Christmas and wants to explore the authentic medieval architecture, there is a need to visit Yama Dharmaraja Temple in the Thanjavur district of Tamil Nadu. Dedicated to Lord Yama, it is the place where Yama got freed from the curse of a saint that gave him penalty of having burning sensation in the body. Though, the decorations of the churches hold prime importance; but, visiting this temple will surely unveil the historical magnificence.
- Chennai:Known as the capital of Tamil Nadu, the churches are beautifully decorated with midnight masses taking place and the Plum Cake is distributed to the people by “Father” in the church. The Christmas Carols are sung and the families join in together to have special luncheon parties and even dinners. Visitors flocking in to Chennai can enjoy huge discounts on food and beverages; plus beaches also have exceptional stalls that give insight into the South Indian culture.
- Kanyakumari:Known as the end of Indian Continent, it has gained significance for displaying ideal Triveni Sangam. In fact, it means that Indian Ocean, Bay of Bengal and Arabian Sea meet together at Kanyakumari, which can be witnessed from its beaches. As the Christmas arrives, the churches stay open whole night with masses taking place and carols sung. The tourists coming will definitely witness the Christmas celebrations in full pomp.