Have you ever wondered why this lake is called Dudh Talai? According to the old residents here, this lake used to meet the needs of the Cows Shelters and from here the milk requirement of the Royal kitchen would be fulfilled. After that this dairy shifted to Goverdhan Vilas, where cows were taken daily for watering, grazing and for bathing to Dudh Talai Lake.
Design and Structure of Dudh Talai Lake:
Dudh Talai Lake Design
Dudh Talai is a very beautiful lake, near Lake Pichola. The structure of this lake is such that it forms a triangle with the M.L Garden & Lake Pichola. There are stairs to reach its garden and a separate road for vehicles. From here you will have a good view of the entire city, Jag Mandir,Lake Pichola and City Palace etc.
Activities to enjoy at Dudh Talai Lake:
Sunride view from Dudh Talai Lake
You can watch Sunrise and Sunset here. Apart from this, you can also do boat, camel & horse ride at Dudh Talai Lake, and there are many good restaurants & cafes which offer traditional Rajasthani and international food, you can enjoy the view here along with food.
How to reach at Dudh Talai Lake:
To come here, you can book local conveyance and cabs or can also hire bikes & scooters and enjoy the view of the whole journey. And if your hotel is nearby ,then you can also come by bicycle and get a good experience with the nature and beauty of this place.
Places to See Near at Dudh Talai Lake:
Manikya Lal Verma Garden
There are small hills around here and there are many other places to visit near Dudh Talai Lake,which you should not miss to see are mentioned below:
Manikya lal Verma Garden, Lake Pichola, Deendayal Upadhyay park( Rock Garden or Musical Fountain Garden), The Ropeway.
- Manikya Lal Verma Garden: M.L Garden is also known as Dudh Talai Garden and has a beautiful view of Lake Pichola and Dudh Talai Lake.Here you can spend good time and memories with your family if you’re coming on weekends then you will get to see a little crowd here.
- Lake Pichola: Lake Pichola is the best crowd attraction ,there are four islands -Mohan Mandir, Jag Niwas, Arsi Vilas & Jag Mandir which show the Royal Architecture of Mewar Culture here.
- Deendayal Upadhyay Park: This is the small Park,which is near M.L Verma Garden and this garden is also called Rock & musical Fountain Garden, this park is the first musical fountain of Rajasthan, which attracts the people who come and if you are with your family & friends ,then you should not miss to see this musical fountain.
- The Ropeway: This place is an adventure ride in a way, from here you can get a great view of the whole city. The Ropeway starts from the top of Deendayal Park and comes to Karni Mata Temple. You will come here by cable car ride which is at a height of 500m. you will get to see the view of the city palace,Lake pichola and Sajjangarh fort, this ropeway is also safe for adventure.
Karni Mata Temple Ropeway
Timings and Entry Fees:
At Dudh Talai you can visit 24/7 but the nearby places have their timing and entry fees which are mentioned below:
- Rock & musical Fountain Garden: This park is open 7 days a week from 9am to 10pm. The timing of the musical fountain is 7pm in summer and 6:30pm in winter.
- Entry fees for musical garden: It is Rs 20 for Indian adults and Rs 10 for children and for foreigner tourists is Rs 30 for each person.
- Manikya Lal Verma Garden: Open 24/7
- Lake Pichola: Lake Pichola is open throughout the day from 9am to 6pm and there are no entry fees and the boat ride opens from 10am & closes at 5pm.
- Boating fees at Lake Pichola: Boat ride in Lake Pichola in daytime & afternoon fees is Rs 400 for adults and Rs 200 for children and for sunset boat ride the fees is Rs 700 for adults & Rs 400 for children.
- The Ropeway: The karni mata ropeway timing is 9am to 9pm but we suggest the time to visit here from 9am to 7pm. Time to go from Ropeway to karni Mata is approx 1 hour
Ropeway fee: It is Rs 72 for Indians adults & Rs 36 for children and for full cabin it is Rs 400 per cabin.
Restaurants and cafes near Dudh Talai Lake:
There are many restaurants and cafes and the food & view is very good, here you can enjoy your evening.
- Cafe Hill park
- Ropeway Restaurant
- The Sunset Terrace
- Street Devils Biker’s Cafe
Hotels near Dudh Talai Lake:
There are many hotels where you can rest and plan your next day Udaipur visit.
- The Fateh Prakash Palace
- Shri Niwas Palace hotel
- Rangniwas Palace hotel
- Hotel Mahendra Prakash